Apex Social Program Fee
Apex social’s low program fee covers all major expenses and guarantees you have the ongoing support and guidance of a team of experts who will ensure a safe adventure abroad. Our social care professional program is the best and easiest way to legally live and work in the USA or Australia. Your application is free and without obligation until you have been hired by a host family – only then will you be asked to pay the below program fee.
Program Price and Included Services
USA 12-Month Program:
Australia 12-Month Program:
The program includes the following
Application and Placement Support
- Your apex social coach will guide you through our application process
- Your personal Matching Specialist will support you in finding a compatible host family
apex Academy Training
- Full day training at the apex academy
- Comprehensive advice, support and preparation by our team of expert advisors
American Education Institution Online Course
- Take a 38 hour comprehensive online training course in child development and early childhood education
- Certificate upon completion of the course medical and accident insurance
Weekly salary (payable in U.S. or Australian dollars)
- USA monthly salary of $1,200 USD
- Australian monthly salary of $1,300 AUD
The host family and professional au pair are free to agree to compensation higher than the legally applicable minimum.
Visa Support Services
- Authorized visa services and required allocation form (DS 2019)
- SEVIS fee (required to issue a DS-2019 form)
We offer extended health and liability insurance for our program members with excellent insurance cover. This premium comfort package costs € 850 per year, including travel month.
Free round trip flight from designated airports to the USA or Australia
Room & Board
Private room and full board with your host family throughout your stay
- 24-hour emergency support in case you need it
- In the USA, a local Area Director who will provide you with support, monthly contact and regular meetings to make sure you have a great time in the USA
- In Australia, a regional Area Director who will provide you with support and monthly contacts. Some areas may have a local Area Director in the vicinity.
Certificate of completion
Official certificate offering proof of successful stay abroad as a social care professional
USA only: option to extend program for additional 6, 9 or 12 months
Repeat program option
USA only: Return to the USA a professional au pair. Contact us for details about this program.
Additional Fees Not Included
Transparency is important to us! The following costs are not included in apex social’s program fee.
- Travel expenses for full-day apex academy training (takes place in various cities in Germany and Austria)
- Cost to prepare a police clearance certificate
- Travel expenses at the departure airport in Germany
- Cost of a medical report
- International driving permit
- Travel expenses for mandatory J-1 visa interview at U.S. Embassy
- J-1 Visa fee (currently $160 - see also: us-botschaft.de)
- Australian Working Holiday Visa (currently about $420 AUD – see also border.gov.au)