Be a Professional Au Pair in the United States!
Have you always dreamed of living, working and traveling in the USA? Apex Social’s professional au pair program offers Australians with degrees in childcare-related fields – such as pediatric nursing, occupational therapy, or early childhood education – the opportunity to experience life in the United States. Live and work with an American host family, gain valuable experience in your field, make new friends, and learn about the culture of another country!
The Apex Social program is open to Australians ages 20-26 with degrees or vocational training in a childcare-related field and 400+ hours of childcare experience.
$277 USD per week
- Round trip international airfare to the United States
- Free room and board
- Weekly stipend from your American host family
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Pre-departure online childcare training program
- Travel and accident insurance
- $500 educational allowance for continuing study at a local college or university
- Host family screening and background checks
- Extra month of optional travel in the U.S. at the end of the program
- Visa support services
- Local support 24/7
- Opportunity to extend your program for 6, 9 or 12 additional months
There is no cost to apply. Apex Social’s program fee covers all major expenses and ongoing support during your time in the United States. Your program fee is due only after you are hired by a local host family.
Cost: $895 AUD
Additional costs that are not included in the program fee:
- J-1 visa fee (currently $160 USD)
- Travel expenses for mandatory J-1 visa interview at the U.S. Embassy
- Criminal background check, physical exam, and international driver’s license (costs vary)